Crave – food & drink
Recipe – Killer Guacamole
- 4 ripe medium avocados
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced (include onion and most of green tops)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, minced (approx. 1 medium jalapeno pepper)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
Squeeze lime juice.
Slice green onions. Mince garlic. Mince jalapeno. Mince cilantro. Dice tomato.
Cut avocados in half. Remove pits and set aside for later (if refrigerating guacamole). Scoop avocados from peels and discard peels. Place avocados in medium-sized bowl and mash, using the tines of a fork.
Add salt and lime juice to avocado; mix together with spoon.
Add green onions, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and tomato to avocado. Mix together with spoon.
Serve immediately. Or drop whole avocado pits into bowl of guacamole and cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of guacamole to prevent darkening; refrigerate.
Makes approximately 2 cups.